General legal resources
- Federal Laws
- Federal Regulations
- U.S. Government Printing Office (General resource for federal materials)
- California Laws
- California Regulations
- Other Resources for the State of California
- Harvard University’s Digital Media Law Project
- No longer updated but provides useful overview of business entities, with a guide for California entities.
- California Secretary of State – Business Programs
- San Francisco Small Business Assistance Center – the City and County of San Francisco’s central point of information and referral for entrepreneurs and small businesses located in San Francisco, providing one-on-one case management.
- San Francisco Business Permits Tool – On February 15, 2013, the City and County of San Francisco launched this online tool to help new businesses navigate the City’s permitting and licensing requirements. This tool helps you learn about permit and license requirements for your business type.